Friday, July 24, 2009

Rock N Roll Thank You


These are the Thank You cards for all the wonderful volunteers in our hispanic american club who volunteered to cook and prepare food for the Freedom Fest on base during July 4th. Oh man was it a loooong day! Tonight at our meeting we are giving them a small gift of appreciation and I made these cards to go along with them. The Upsy Daisy stamp set is new to me. I've had it for about a month and this was my first time inking it up. I can tell this stamp set is going to get a lot of usage! The card base is Regal Rose, with Chocolate Chip mounted on top. So Saffron sits underneath the "Sunshine Lollipop" patterned paper by Sassafras. On the opposite side of the paper there are hearts in pink! It's super cute paper. I used the rock n roll technique on the main image with So Saffron and Regal Rose. Now I'm off to get ready to skype with my dad. My oldest son is in the states for the summer so we're going to skype to see him and my grandma! They are all on their way to San Antonio today to drop off my son to stay with his best friend for the next two weeks. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Felicia, Glad you're back, I checked on you a couple of times and figured you were taking a little break. Good for you! Looking forward to seeing more of your cards!

Unknown said...

Perfect colours and a fab image.

Angela said...

Hey, Felicia! Glad to see you're back!

(No pressure from me...that's why I love subscribing when bloggers use Feedblitz or Feedburner...they post when they feel like it, I get an email when they do and then I go visit their blog! *insert Donna Reed like smile* lol)

Love that Upsy Daisy stamp!